When does the Company collect my personal information? The Company gathers information from Account holders and visitors in the following ways: voluntary registration/email sign up, voluntary submissions (such as ratings, reviews, purchasing requests), cookie technology, IP addresses, and location data.
1. Registration. When you create an Account, we collect information that helps us identify you and helps us to administer your Account. The more information you provide, the better we can customize our services and your experience to suit your needs and preferences. Upon creating an Account, we ask for your email address, name, username, zip code, country, password, and billing and credit card data (“Account Information”). When you post a Review through the Website, you grant to the Company a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferrable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, and otherwise exploit such Review. On occasion, we may also collect additional personal information if you choose to complete a survey form.
2. Commentary. You may submit comments or ratings of the Spaces. All information you provide may become public on the Website, including any partner or affiliate pages.
4. IP Address. We may log IP addresses for the purposes of systems administration, or to report information in aggregate from third parties such as advertisers (for example, to identify how many visitors logged in to our Website). We do not provide such third parties with personally identifiable information.
5. Payment. The Company uses Stripe as its third-party payment processor to process credit cards and electronic payments securely for its users. Accordingly, the Company will not store payment information in its system. The processing of payments or credits, as applicable, in connection with your use of the Website and Spaces will be subject to the terms, conditions, and privacy policies of Stripe and your credit card issuer in addition to those terms specified herein. The Company is not responsible for any errors by Stripe.
How is my personal information used?
1. Customized Look and Feel. The Company gathers member information to provide you with an effortless member experience. For instance, your personal information enables us to greet you when you visit the Website and to provide you with specific information and services we think will be of interest to you. We review our members’ preferences, demographics, traffic patterns, and other information – as a whole – so that we can better understand who our audience is and what it wants.
2. Banner Advertising. Tracking member preferences also helps us serve targeted advertising. Targeted ads are probably more interesting to you and are more productive for our advertisers. Please note that we do not share your individual personal information with advertisers. We, or third-party ad servers acting on our behalf, act as the middleman between you and the advertisers that want to reach you. Our third-party ad servers may have access to your personal information but are bound by the terms of this Privacy Statement. Note, however, that we do not control the privacy policies of our advertisers and other third party sites to which we provide banner ads and links. If you click-through a banner ad or link to and submit your information to an advertiser, you will be subject to their own privacy policies. We assume no responsibility or liability for these third party policies or the actions of non-affiliated third parties.
3. Company Communications. If you create an Account, from time to time we may e-mail you with informative messages about our products that may be of interest to you. If you provide your phone number and consent to receive SMS messages, we may from time to time send you SMS messages. We will not send you third party information unless you check the appropriate box when you register. If you elect to receive such offers when you register, you may update your profile at any time afterwards to discontinue such mailings.
4. Compliance with Legal Process. The Company may need to disclose your personal information when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if the Company has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to: (a) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) to investigate and defend the Company against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of the Website; and (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Company and its members, employees, contractors, or others.
5. Disclosures as a result of a change of control or sale of the Company. The Company may also disclose any information you provide to a third party as part of a sale of the assets of the Company or as the result of a change in control of the Company. Any third party to which the Company transfers or sells its assets will be bound by the terms of this Privacy Statement and will have the right to continue to use the information that you provided to the Company.
6. Disclosure of Aggregated Data. We may disclose aggregated member statistics in order to describe our services and audience to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties. However aggregate data is not traceable to you specifically.
What are my options to control the use of my personal information?
Most browsers can be configured to reject cookies or alert you when cookies are being sent. You may cancel your Account and/or request the removal of your personal information from our member records by sending e-mail to email@example.com. We will send an email to confirm your request. After you respond, we will remove your information from our database. Residual information may remain in our archives and records, but this information will not be used for a commercial purpose (however we may notify you of major changes to our service from time to time). We reserve the right to maintain information on registered members who have violated the KettleSpace Member Terms of Service or who have had their access to the Website blocked in order to detect repeat offenders.
What else should I know about my privacy?
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online in a public area, that information might be collected and used by others. We do not control the actions of our visitors and registered members. If you disclose personal information in a review or any other publicly accessible place on the Website, you do so at your own risk and you understand that your information may be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages, advertisements, or for other purposes. Please remember that protection of your privacy begins with you. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password you use to register, and you should always be careful and responsible whenever disclosing information online.
The Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. When you place orders or access your account information, we use a secure server. The secure server layer (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. All of the customer data we collect is similarly protected against unauthorized access.
The Company will not share your personal information with third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure or the disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process, (2) protect and defend our rights and property, (3) protect our customers or users from misuse or unauthorized use of the Website, or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public.
Links to Other Websites
The Website contains links to other sites, operated by third parties, that we think may be of interest to you. The Company encourages third parties to follow appropriate privacy standards and policies, but is not responsible for the actions of those third parties, the content of their websites, or any practices they may follow.
Use by Minors
The Website and Spaces are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18).