For those of you who have met her in our spaces, you know that Brooklyn-born KettleSpace Member Victoria “Vix” Reitano brings the hustle to any endeavor she takes on. As the founder and CEO of 6broro, her social media marketing agency, Vix is committed to finding creative solutions to every challenge facing businesses and brands (hence “Vix has the Fix!”). And at a recent event she hosted for us, Building Community While #SocialDistancing, Vix showed us that creativity.
The problem: With the global pandemic forcing scores of businesses to transition online for the first time, how do you build a following and engage with them? Which tools do you use? And at what point? Say you’ve had some online engagement; how do you keep that momentum going?
Vix laid out a clear plan for those beginning to build online communities. In short, Vix had the fix. Find our top takeaways from the event below the vid.
Top Takeaways from Vix:
A Plan is Everything
- Paid ads are important (on all platforms) but they have to flow into a consistent organic content plan too.
- Every Anchor piece of content (a blog, podcast, webinar) should yield 10-15 social posts on multiple platforms - you might be sick of it but your audience hasn’t seen it!
Automation is your friend
- Tools like Keap by Infusionsoft, Zapier, Later.com, Sprout Social and Facebook Creator Studio/Business Manager can help make reaching out and following up a breeze
- Keap by Infusionsoft: Everyone needs an email list that can be segmented into different groups and goals
- Zapier: Connects your apps, social media and more to your email list and website
- Scheduling: Keap by Infusionsoft also has a scheduling tool for making appointments with clients, colleagues and prospects so you don’t have to send 100 emails “following up”
- Digital Brand Tracker in Airtable: https://bit.ly/AirtableVix
- Keap by Infusionsoft: Get a free month trial here
- Later.com: Perfect for Instagram scheduling, hashtag research and IG Story performance
- Vix’s COVID-19 Resources Hub: https://vixreitano.com/covid-19 featuring her “Cadence in Crisis” guide to marketing yourself, your business and your brand in this time
- Vix’s Blog: https://dominatedigitalmedia.com
- Vix’s Company Site: https://6boro.agency
- How to #Coronavirus-Proof Your Biz on Vix’s IGTV: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B9RdO54g-m-/
We hope to see you at one of our events soon and make sure to check back here for more event recaps.
Until then, Keep calm and Kettle On.